Winners of the JA-YE Europe Enterprise Challenge 2011July 6-7, Madrid, Spain
Team “FLICKS” from University of Porto, Portugal wins the JA-YE Europe Enterprise Challenge 2011. The student company offers state of the art solutions and services for fire detection in a wide variety of environments, through a system composed by an array of multispectral sensors.
The team competed with Europe’s best 14 student companies, winners at their national level, who participated in the JA-YE Europe Enterprise Challenge 2011, held in Madrid, Spain between July 6-7, 2011 and hosted by Junior Achievement Spain. The students formed their companies as part of the JA-YE Start-Up Programme and received the support of their professors as well as guidance from volunteer coaches from the business world. Each group developed a company that offers real products and/or services and they have all successfully dealt with the challenges of setting up and running a business.
Students competed for the following awards:
JA-YE Europe “Company of the Year” Award
• Winner: FLICKS from Portugal seeks to be a leader in the service provider and development of advanced fire detection systems.
• 1st Runner Up: BeMee from Spain improves and augments the capacity of interaction among you and your surroundings using wireless technologies.
• 2nd Runner Up: Eventriffic from Romania offers an online service keeping event organisers in the loop with everything that happens in online media regarding their event, in real time.
European Signature Awards
• Citi Sustainability Award went to Norway and the team ATECH SB for their bilge-water filtration system, eliminating pollution of the ocean.
• Intel Innovation Award went to Portugal and the company FLICKS.
Local Signature Awards
• MasterCard Best International Potential Award went to Finland and the company “Up The Shop”. The shop provides art and design in a pop-up shop concept for major cities in Finland and the Nordic region.
• PwC Responsible Leadership Award went to BeMee from Spain. The team managed to combine financial performance, innovation, and social and environmental responsibility in a very unique concept.
Please read more here
Updated: 06.09.11 22:08